Chatting again with the girls gone WoW - topic: Pet Battles

Last week I was invited again to chat with the lovely ladies on Girls Gone WoW - Sil was having a break but EJ and Raven were still going strong and it was fun to be chatting to them and listening to their views on everything new in the expansion.

I won't spoil the episode, which you can hear here, and the topic was Pet Battles, which is one of those funny things - you can love it, never done it, or just do it very casually but there were a lot of strong feelings about the subject!

One of the biggest criticisms was that the pet battles were too hard.  I think what they would have liked was there to be some sort of heroic mode for the pet battle and a normal mode.  I don't blame them - pet battles has turned into one of those things where people just google other people's pet teams to find out the best way to fight a pet boss/team, and have the right pets levelled!  I however enjoy the challenge of it, but I do find it very difficult to filter through my pets, especially if I am looking for a particular ability - it would be great if Blizzard put in a search for ability in the pet journal because sometimes I just can't remember which pets do Mana surge, for example.

The Elekk Plushie adventure is a very challenging one and trying to find teams with just 2 pets that can take down other pet teams can be so hard!  Especially the celestial tournament!  I admit, I have spent ages trying to take down a pet as I experimented with all my teams, because I often didn't have the right pet levelled and then I thought, I have so many levelled surely I can substitute one!

I admit, I did cheat and look at other people's team choices.  Murloc Harbor, recommended to me by Nathus has an excellent post on Awfully Big Adventure.  Cymre has started hers, but hers are youtube videos of the battles, and I am waiting for Liopleurodon to do hers so I can see what she's got in her team comps.

One of the embarrassing things was that I got up a few hours too early for my interview, but the girls very kindly started early so I could make use of that time.  It was perfect IMO - I got up at 4am and we were done by 6am which meant no kiddie interruptions.  Slight awkward moment as they asked me to do my best roar - without waking the whole house I had to do a rather tame rawrrrr.

Anyway, I should stop talking about what I talked about and let you go listen to it if you have the time. Big thanks again to Girls gone WoW for letting me loose on their show again!



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. If only! Sometimes I wonder if its the Australian accent (because Moogyver is a big hit with the ladies). But I do love pet battles!

      Delete
    2. I will admit that I love an Aussie accent, but I don't think that it's that alone.

      Delete
  2. What a great topic to talk about and best of luck with the rest of your battles. I managed to finish my Elekk challenge a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just did mine. Will have to list what I used when I do my post on it.

      Delete
  3. Another great pet battle blog I like to check when I'm about to pull my hair out over a fight is Warcraft Pet Tricks. I'm saving the Plushie Adventure for those long, cold days of end of expansion when there's nothing to do and I actually stop and think instead of rushing around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tournament part is the worst part and there is that time pressure knowing you only have a week... well there was for me!

      Delete
  4. Grats and I will have to check that podcast again...english accents and aussie accents...i might melt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slicey you know just what to say to make a girl feel good :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(